We are so excited to introduce this month's influencer, Meredith! We asked her to test out our Active Ball of Foot Gel Cushions to see if it could help with her marathon training! Read on for her story and use discount code 'RUN20' for 20% off a pair of our Active Ball of Foot Gel Cushions now through September 4, 2020!
- Name: Meredith
- Where do you live? New Jersey
- What type of athlete are you (recreational/pro/leisure)? Recreational runner
- How long have you been participating in this sport? I started running 11 years ago after a friend begged me to run a half marathon with her.
- What is your training regimen? How often are you wearing sneakers?
I train for two marathons a year; I’m currently training for the virtual Boston Marathon. I practically live in my running shoes.
- What challenges did you face as an athlete before using our product (aching feet/pain from running, walking, activity etc.)? I’ve had a stress fracture in the second metatarsal, calluses, and bunions.
- What is your impression of the Silipos product we sent you? How did it add value to you? What did you like about it? How has using this product make your life easier/better? Did it help with the pain you were experiencing? The gel cushioning of the Active Ball of Foot Gel Cushions under the ball of my foot provides support and relieves discomfort from my tired legs. This definitely helped with the pain I was feeling.
- Would you recommend this Silipos product to other athletes? Why? I would recommend. The wear and tear of marathon training and high mileage can cause discomfort to the feet. The Active Ball of Foot Gel Cushions provided the relief I needed to push through those final tough miles.
- What is something that your followers do not know about you, that you find to be very important to your personal lifestyle? I’m pretty much an open book with my followers. What you see is what you get with me.
- What keeps you motivated when you are faced with challenges? Looking back and remembering how far I’ve come.
- How do you structure your days? I start each day with an early morning run. It helps me to begin each day on a positive note.
- Who are your biggest influences? Who do you admire most? I admire Meb Keflezighi more than any other runner.
- How do you care for your body and health aside from your sport? I cross train, including kick boxing, weight lifting, and cycling; while also eating healthy.
- What is one piece of advice you would give to an aspiring athlete? You may not see results right away and that’s okay. Don’t get discouraged. Keep showing up and put in the work.
Be sure to continue to follow Meredith's story on her Instagram @meretherunner14
Leave a comment